Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bailey's Irish Cream Cupcakes

First off, I must confess that I used O'Reilly's Irish Cream but left the title as is simply because it sounds better. If you are an Irish cream snob, then go ahead and spend 30 dollars. I'll spend ten and enjoy it just the same. Trust me, these cupcakes are amazing regardless!

It's been a while since I've baked, but I decided a holiday is as good of an excuse as any to indulge in something sweet. I came across this recipe yesterday and just had to try it for myself. As a very experienced batter consumer, I'm telling you that this is one of the smoothest, most delicious batters I've ever had. Enjoy a cold glass, or more, of something Irish in honor of this wonderful holiday and give these cupcakes a try. Happy St. Patty's Day!



Bailey's Irish Cream Cupcakes
Ingredients
2/3 cup unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
2/3 cup water
2 tablespoons milk
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt

Directions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes with a stand mixer. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. In a separate bowl, combine the Bailey's, water and milk. Mix well. In yet another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternating with the Bailey's mixture. Beat on medium speed for about two minutes. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 25-30 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Allow to cool completely before frosting.




While most of the Bailey's flavor baked off in the batter, the taste definitely comes out in this amazing buttercream icing.

Bailey's Irish Cream Buttercream Frosting
Ingredients
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons, maybe more, of Bailey's

Directions
Cream the butter on high speed for 2-3 minutes, add the Baileys and mix thoroughly. Slowly add the powdered sugar until well blended. I continued to add powdered sugar and Bailey's until I found the right consistency. Frost the cupcakes and top with green sprinkles for a little extra glam. Enjoy!

This recipe was found on Cupcake Rehab.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Mike loves Irish Cream. It's his favorite beyond favorites. I'll have to make these--thanks!
    p.s. We buy O'Reily's too. Ha.

    ReplyDelete